Sexuality and Family Education
- Family Planning Victoria: Box Hill clinic (for everyone), education services and resource centre
901 Whitehorse Rd (PO Box 1377), Box Hill, 3128
- Action Centre (Youth Family Planning): provides sexual and reproductive health services for people under 25.
- Level 1, 94 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne (near Flinders St Station).
- SHA Sexual Health Australia:
- Postal Address: Sexual Health Australia, PO Box 11,
- 101 Grafton Street, Bondi Junction, 2022, Australia
- Phone: 0404 267 559
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Questioning Individuals (LGTBTIQ)
- Australian Human Rights Commission: Sexual Orientation, Sex & Gender Identity
- Reachout.com: LGBTIQ support services
- Youth Central. Same Sex Attraction
- Gay and Lesbian Counselling and Community Services of Australia
Either 5:30pm-10:30pm or 7pm – 10 pm local time depending on which state you're in.
Phone: 1800 184 527
- Minus 18: Minus 18 is a Melbourne-based resource for same-sex-attracted teens who want advice and support, or just to have a sweet time and meet others like them. Their website includes information about coming out and homophobia.
- Wayout; The Wayout Project works with communities in rural Victoria to raise awareness about homophobia and to provide an environment that is welcoming to same sex attracted young people.
- Gay and Lesbian Switchboard; Confidential counselling service. Call (03) 9663 2939 (metropolitan areas) or 1800 184 527(country Victoria). Counsellors are available Mon/Tue/Thur 6-10pm, Wed 2-10pm, Fri/Sat/Sun 6-9pm.
- The Better Health Channel; The Victorian Government's health website contains general information on health and wellbeing issues, including sexuality.
- QLife: A national service that aims to keep LGBTIQ communities connected.
National services which may be of use for those who identify as intersex include:
Gay and Lesbian Switchboard
Anonymous, free telephone counselling, information and referrals for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual and intersex communities of Victoria and Tasmania.
Zoe Belle Gender Centre
The Zoe Belle Gender Centre is an online service supporting the health and wellbeing of Victoria’s sex and gender diverse community, with information available to anyone in Australia. The ZBGC also provides an online QandA service for people seeking answers to their questions about sex and gender diversity.
New South Wales
Twenty10 incorporating GLCS NSW
Twenty10 incorporating the Gay and Lesbian Counselling Service of NSW (GLCS NSW) provides a range of support services and social spaces for people of diverse genders, sexualities and sexes in NSW. Services are aimed specifically at people under 26 years old.
Weekday support Metro: 02 8594 9555 (9:30am-5pm weekdays)
Weekday Regional support free call: 1800 65 2010 (9:30am-5:00pm weekdays)
Evening support free call: 1800 184 527 (5:30pm-10:30pm every night of the year)
The Gender Centre Inc.
The Gender Centre provides information and support to trans* and gender diverse people in NSW.